Professor at UBS
(Universite de Bretagne Sud), Lorient, France,
in the lab Lab-STICC (UMR 6285).
Lab-STICC - Centre de recherche
Université de Bretagne Sud
56325 Lorient Cedex
Tel: (+) 2 97 87 45 66
Secretary: (+) 2 97 87 45 60
Fax: (+) 2 97 87 45 27
- LICENCE 1 SPI (Science Physique de l'Ingénieur): From analog to digital
- LICENCE 2 SPI (Science Physique de l'Ingénieur): Mathematics, Boolean and sequential logic
- LICENCE 3 GEII: Electronics
- MASTER 1 GEII: Linear control (state models), theory of random signal, FPGA, VHDL
- MASTER 2 GEII: Signal processing, Linear control (state models), theory of random signal
- MASTER GEII for people of South America (WEB site)
- 2011: I made a one year sabbatical stay in the INICTEL-UNI, Peru
- Since Sept 2000: Professor at UBS (Lab-STICC)
- 1997-2000: Assistant professor ("Maitre de Conférences") in the department COMELEC
of Telecom ParisTech (Paris, France).
1997-98: I made a one year sabbatical stay in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto (from August 98 to July 99), working, with professor Glenn Gulak, on VLSI architectures for communication systems.
1996: I worked six months in the Philips research laboratory of Paris
(LEP: Laboratoire d'Electronique de Philips, Limeil Brevannes, France)
on the developement of a real time MPEG-2 encoder circuit.
1992-1995: I worked as a research engineer in the electronic departement
(ELEC) of ENST.
1993-1995: Ph D thesis while working as a research engineer in ENST.
1990-1992: I worked as a professor in a telecommunication school of West
Africa (ESMT: Ecole Superieure Multinationale des Telecommunications) in
1986-1990: Undergraduate studies at Telecom ParisTEch (former ENST).
- Titouan GENDRON, "Near ML turbo-decoders", PhD started in January 2019 (with prof. C. Abdel Nour, IMT-Atlantique), CIFRE
- Kassem SAIED, "Transmission ultra basse énergie pour l'Internet des objets", PhD started in september 2018 (with prof. A. Al Ghouwayel, LIU Beirut)
- Vinh Hoang SON LE, "Terabit/s decoders", PhD started in october 2017 (with prof. C. Douillard and prof. C. Abel Nour, IMT-Atlantique)
- Franklin COCHACHIN (May 2019), "Noised enhanced LDPC decoders", (PhD Report (4.9 Mo), PhD defence (2.8 Mo))
- Hassan HARB (December 2018), "Design Of Ultra-High Throughput Rate NB-LDPC Decoder", (PhD Report (2.2 Mo, in French), PhD defence (2.4 Mo))
- Mourad HAFIDHI (November 2017), "GPS on stochastic architecture",
(PhD Report (2.2 Mo, in French), PhD defence (1.8 Mo, in French))
- Ahmed ABDMOULEH (September 2017), "Non-binary LDPC codes associated to high-order modulations",
(PhD report (3.8 Mo), PhD defence (2.9 Mo))
- Oussama ABASSI (June 2014), "Etude des décodeurs LDPC non-binaires",
(PhD report (2.5 Mo))
- Yangyang TANG (January 2013), "Computation on Unreliable Architecture" (PhD report (6.5 Mo))
- Arnaud DION (December 2012), "Récepteur de navigation reconfigurable pour applications spatiales", (PhD report (2.2 Mo))
- Cedric MARCHAND (January 2010), "Implementation of an LDPC decoder for the DVB-S2, -T2 and -C2 standards", PHd with NXP (PhD report (4.8 Mo)
- Aswhani SINGH (December 2009), "Flexible turbo/ldpc decoders", PHd with Guido Masera (Politecnico de Torino), (PhD report (4.4 Mo))
- Sébastien TREGARO (July 2009), "Détection et estimation de signaux radars", PhD with RUBISOFT
- Haisheng LIU (July 2009), "Contributions à la maîtrise de la consommation dans des turbo-décodeurs", PHd with ENST-Bretagne, (PhD report (3.4 Mo))
- Jeremie GUILLOT (September 2008), "Optimization Techniques for High Level Synthesis and pre-Compilation based on Taylor Expansion Diagrams", joint project with Prof. M. Ciesielski, (PhD report (4.7 Mo))
- Amor NAFKHA, (March 2006), "Architecture MIMO", PhD, PALMYRE PROJECT (PhD report (2.4 Mo))
- David GNAEDIG (June 2005), "Turbo-Codes à roulettes", PhD with Turbo-Concept
company.(PhD report (2.8 Mo))
- Pierre BOMEL (December 2004),
, "Automatic implementation of GALS", PHd PALMYRE PROJECT. (PhD report (1.9 Mo))
- Frederic GUILLOUD (July 2004), "Architecture générique de décodeur de codes LDPC" (PhD report (2.6 Mo))
GONZALEZ (October 2000), "VLSI architecture for combined source-channel coding"
(abstract), (PhD report (1.6 Mo))
- Olivier GAY-BELLILE (April 1999), "Programmable architecture for channel decoding"
(abstract), (PhD report (1.2 Mo))
Research and interest
My research area is in VLSI architectures and communications.
Current research areas:
- Noise Against Noise Decoder (an ANR funded grant) (more information in NAND project).
- Non binary LDPC codes: (more information in Current project, or in DaVinci project (FP7)
- High speed time synchronization (more information in High speed Gardner algorithm).
- Computation on unreliable architecture (more information in Unreliable Architecture project).
- Low Density Parity Check code: (more information in LDPC project).
Previous research areas:
- Trellis aggregation for high code rate turbo-code (more information in trellis aggregation).
- Turbo-Code architecture
- 8PSK demodulation: (more information in 8PSK project).
- Taylor Expansion Diagrams: (more information
in TED project).
- Hardware correlator: (more information
in Hardware correlator project).
- Generic MIMO decoder: (more information
in Generic MIMO decoder project).
- (2001-2006) Slice Turbo Code: (more information
in Slice Turbo Code project).
- (2000-2002) White Gaussian Noise Generator for channel emulation (more information
in WGNG project).
- (1999-2001) Forward-Backward (or MAP, BJCR) project: this project deals on the construction of an WEB site
dedicated to VLSI for MAP algorithm. Some datas are presently available
- (1995-1999) Auger Project: During the 3 last years, I have also been involved in the design of the
telecommunication network of the international
PROJECT (two 3000 km2 giant cosmic rays detector).
- Decoding architecture for Cortex code (2011-2014)
- Demodulateur architecture and LDPC decoder architecture for DVB-S2 standard (2009-2011, 2013-2014)
- ELINT systems(2005).
- Slice Turbo Code (since 2001).
- Specification and hardware realization of a family of digital demodulator for
a radio application (1996-1999).
- Soft Reed-Solomon decoder (1998).
- Realisation of a real time "smart" Variable Length Coding for an MPEG-2
- First generation of a digital demodulator with a CLP ( FLEX10K50)
- Realisation in standard cell (VHDL synthesis) of a real time DCT-IDCT for an MPEG-2 encoder (20 K gates, 27 MHz, precision compatible with the MPEG-2 standard) (1995).
- Work with the team that has defined the Array-Ol formalizen to describe array signal processing (1993 - 1994).
- Architecture study for an 30 MHz viterbi decoder for a 4 Dimentional TCM
Go here for the list of publications of 2012 and later
Go here for the list of publications before 2012
Return to the main page of the Lab-STICC
Return to the main page of the University of Bretagne Sud