Maître de Conférences / Associate Professor
Lab-STICC laboratory, Université Bretagne Sud
Téléphone / Phone : +33 (0) 2 97 87 45 28
E-mail : laura.conde-canencia AT univ-ubs.fr
Grants and fellowships
- May 2019 : Two new papers submitted :
IEEE SIPS'2019 (on efficient decoding of Cortex codes) with UBS team C. Marchand, Prof. E. Boutillon and A. Abdmouleh & IEEE GLOBECOM'2019 (on DNA storage) with Prof. Lara Dolecek (LORIS Laboratory, UCLA).
- ITA 2019, February 10-15, San Diego, CA, USA. I presented my ongoing work on data deduplication. This is a part of my collaboration with Prof. Lara Dolecek (LORIS Laboratory, UCLA, CA, USA) and Prof. Tyson Condie (CS department, UCLA, CA, USA).
- February 1st 2019 : Qualification aux fonctions de professeurs des universités numéro 19161171505. Section CNU 61.
- February 2019 : Our ANR project proposal "Quasi Cyclic Small Packet" succesfully goes to the 2nd phase selection. PI is Emmanuel Boutillon, Université Bretagne Sud.
- January - October 2019 : new research grant! Action exploratoire Labex Cominlabs. In collaboration with CNRS Research Director Dominique Lavenier
INRIA Rennes .
- January 2019 : I visited LORIS, UCLA. Ongoing work on DNA storage.
- December 18, 2018 : Soutenance de thèse / PhD defense by Robin Danilo, « Approches connexionnistes pour la vision par ordinateur embarquée ». My student Robin succesfully defended his PhD on neural networks for embedded vision applications. Congratulations Robin!
- November 8, 2018 : Soutenance de thèse / PhD defense by Hassan Harb, « Hardware implementation of Non-Binary LDPC codes ». This PhD was in collaboration with the Lebanese International University, Beirut, Liban. Congratulations Hassan for a high quality research work!
Octobre 25, 2018 : Invited talk at University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. Hosted by Prof. Fambirai Takawira.
- 21-24 October 2018 : IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Systems — Cape Town, South Africa : I presented our paper on DNA storage.
- October 16, 2019 : J'ai obtenu mon Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches « Contribution au codage de l’information pour sa transmission et son stockage : des technologies classiques aux technologies émergentes ».(Université Bretagne Sud, Ecole Doctorale Maths et STIC, Mention Electronique).
- September 2018 : Back in Lorient, Université Bretagne Sud, after an amazing an year in UCLA, Los Angeles, California. I would like to thank the Fulbright program (US Department of State), the PRESTIGE Marie Curie felowship program (European Commission) and the French Ministry of Research and Higher Education for funding my Visiting Professor position and the travel expenses (for me and my kids).
- September 2017 - August 2018 : Fulbright Visiting Research Scholar in LORIS Laboratory, ECE Department, University of California Los Angeles. Collaboration with Prof. Lara Dolecek and PhD candidates Clayton Schoeny and Siyi Yang.
Dr. Laura Conde-Canencia received Engg. Degree from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain, in 2000, and Ph.D. from Telecom Bretagne, France, in 2004. Her PhD thesis dealt with spectral-efficiency maximization in high-performance digital communication systems. Particularly, she investigated the association of high-rate m-binary turbo-codes to high-order modulation schemes and analyzed performance estimation of bit-interleaved turbo-coded modulation. In 2004, she joined Universidad San Pablo-CEU, in Madrid (Spain), as an Assistant Professor in Telecommunication Engineering. Since 2006, she is with the Lab-STICC Laboratory in Université de Bretagne Sud (UBS), France, where she is currently an Associate Professor. She is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of UBS and a member of the International Relations Advisory Board where she helps in developing strategies for the internationalization of UBS. She has worked on PN sequence synchronization for Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receivers with funding from the European GNSS Supervisory Authority. Since 2008, her research has mainly focused on error correcting codes for digital communications: Turbo-codes, binary and non-binary LDPC codes and Cortex codes. From 2013 she has extended her research topics to neural coding and neuromorphic design. She has published over thirty papers and holds three patents on NB-LDPC decoding. Her team received financial support from France Brevets, a French national investment fund dedicated to international patent development and licensing.
Since 2014, she holds the scientific excellence fellowship (French national PES) and since 2016 she is an elected member in the “Design and Implementation of Signal Processing Systems” Technical Committee (IEEE Signal Processing Society). In 2017-2018, she was a Fulbright Visiting Research Scholar in the Laboratory for Robust Information Systems(LORIS) at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). During this year she was co-funded by the European Union with a PRESTIGE grant award or Marie Curie Fellowship.
This list is not updated! Please check my
updated list of publications here.
Brevets / Patents
Revues / Journals
Boutillon, E., Conde-Canencia, L., Al Ghouwayel, A.“
Design of a GF(64)-LDPC Decoder Based on the EMS Algorithm“
IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol.60, no.10, pp.2644-2656, Oct. 2013, doi: 10.1109/TCSI.2013.2279186 2013.
Conférences internationales avec actes / International Conferences
Multi-level Access and Information Leakage in Scalable Cloud Storage
SIYI YANG (UCLA); Clayton Schoeny (UCLA); Laura Conde-Canencia (Université de Bretagne Sud, Lorient, France); Lara Dolecek (UCLA);
- R. Danilo, H. Wouafo, C. Chavet, V. Gripon, L. Conde-Canencia and P. Coussy,“Associative memory based on clustered neural networks: improved model and architecture for oriented edge detection“,
Conference on Design and Architectures for Signal and Image Processing (DASIP'2016), October 12-14, 2016, Rennes, France
- Cédric Marchand, Laura Conde-Canencia, Emmanuel Boutillon ,“
High-Speed Conflict-Free Layered LDPC Decoder for the DVB-S2, -T2 and -C2 Standards “,
IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Systems (SiPS'2013), , pp.118-123, Taipei, Taiwan, October 2013. DOI: 10.1109/SiPS.2013.6674491
- H. Nono Wafo, C. Chavet, P. Coussy and L. Conde-Canencia,“
Neuromorphic Hardware Architectures: Toward Binary GBNN neural network model“,
International Workshop on Neuromorphic and Brain-Based Computing Systems (NeuComp 2013, DATE'2013), Grenoble, France, March 2013.
- W. Chen, C. Poulliat, D. Declercq, L. Conde-Canencia, A. Al-Ghouwayel, E. Boutillon,“
Non-Binary LDPC Codes defined over General Linear Group: Finite Length Design and Practical Implementation Issues“,
2009 IEEE 69th Vehicular Technology Conference: VTC2009-Spring, Barcelona, Spain, 26–29 April 2009.
- C. Berrou, M. Jézéquel, C. Douillard, S. Kerouédan and L. Conde Canencia,“
Duo-binary turbo codes associated with high-order modulations“,
ESA Workshop on Tracking Telemetry and Command Systems for Space Applications, Noordwijk, the Netherlands, Oct. 2001.
Conférences nationales / National Conferences
Thèse de doctorat / PhD Thesis